Odd Sisters book

Posted by on Jan 30, 2017 in Journal | 17 Comments

I’m very pleased to announce the Odd Sisters from my Disney Villain books will have their own series. I will start writing their first book after I’ve written book 5 in the villain series. For quite some time readers have been intrigued with Lucinda, Ruby, and Martha, and their little sister Circe, wanting to know more about them, and I’m so happy to have the opportunity to be able to devote a series to my favorite witches, so I may explore their characters and their backgrounds.

I am also thrilled to announce Pablo Santander will be doing interior illustrations for the Odd Sisters. I have been working with Pablo for some time on other projects and I felt he would be perfect for series, and I am so happy Disney agreed! He’s a very talented artist and I am so excited to be working with him on The Odd Sisters.

Release date to be announced. So check back for updates.unnamed

Here are some very initial concept designs for Circe, her sisters, and their cat Pflanze, illustrated by Pablo Santander.

Enjoy!

unnamed-1

1. Adam Armstrong
    January 31, 2017

I love the initial designs!!! The Odd Sisters look like Helena Bonham Carter while Circe resembles Emily Blunt.

February 5, 2017

Thank you! I love Pablo’s artwork

2. kent norine
    February 2, 2017

What will B book 5 in the villain series?

February 3, 2017

I’m afraid I can’t say.

3. kent norine
    February 3, 2017

Do U think it could B Lady Tremaine or something?

February 3, 2017

I honestly can’t say. Disney and I would like to wait until after we release Mistress of All Evil before we announce following book.

February 3, 2017

What I can say is that we will be going back in time in the 5th novel, and then I will be doing the first Odd Sisters book which will be taking up where we leave off in one of the story lines in Mistress of All Evil, after which I will write book 6.

4. kent norine
    February 5, 2017

Well I could give U some ideas 4 ur next novel if U want?

February 5, 2017

I already have all the books planned out. But thank you.

5. Becca
    February 6, 2017

I’m so excited! Circe looks just like how I pictured in my head: so sweet and beautiful, et so mysterious. And her sisters are absolutely stunning, as well. I’ll definitely be putting these stories under my “Books to Read” list! 🙂

6. kent norine
    February 6, 2017

Well will ur 5th book b about lady tremaine or the odd sisters bcause i can help u if u r doing lady tremaine.

7. Danial Yazdani
    February 17, 2017

Hi Serena,
    I LOVE your work!
    Will there be more villain books besides book 5 and the odd sisters series? I absolutely love them!

February 19, 2017

Thank you! Yes, there will! Already have plans for book 6! And there will likely be more after that.

8. Brooke
    February 18, 2017

Omg!!!!😍😍😍😍 I am so happy over this !! I mentioned to you once before that I would love to see illustrations of the odd sisters !!! This is even better ! I can’t wait for maleficent’s to release !!! This series of books are hands down my all time favorite! Thank you so much for sticking to the original stories but bringing in your own twists that completely make the stories even better ! Walt Disney would be proud !! 💜💜💜

February 19, 2017

Aw. Thank you so much. You’re very sweet.

• Brooke
        February 21, 2017

You’re very welcome !

9. Adam Armstrong
    February 19, 2017

If Book 5 is about Mother Gothel from “Tangled”, I have an idea for a possible title…

“Flower Gleam and Glow: A Tale of Rapunzel’s Captor”