Odd Sisters book

Posted by on Jan 30, 2017 in Journal | 31 Comments

I’m very pleased to announce the Odd Sisters from my Disney Villain books will have their own series. I will start writing their first book after I’ve written book 5 in the villain series. For quite some time readers have been intrigued with Lucinda, Ruby, and Martha, and their little sister Circe, wanting to know more about them, and I’m so happy to have the opportunity to be able to devote a series to my favorite witches, so I may explore their characters and their backgrounds.

I am also thrilled to announce Pablo Santander will be doing interior illustrations for the Odd Sisters. I have been working with Pablo for some time on other projects and I felt he would be perfect for series, and I am so happy Disney agreed! He’s a very talented artist and I am so excited to be working with him on The Odd Sisters.

Release date to be announced. So check back for updates.unnamed

Here are some very initial concept designs for Circe, her sisters, and their cat Pflanze, illustrated by Pablo Santander.

Enjoy!

unnamed-1

1. Adam Armstrong
    January 31, 2017

I love the initial designs!!! The Odd Sisters look like Helena Bonham Carter while Circe resembles Emily Blunt.

February 5, 2017

Thank you! I love Pablo’s artwork

2. kent norine
    February 2, 2017

What will B book 5 in the villain series?

February 3, 2017

I’m afraid I can’t say.

3. kent norine
    February 3, 2017

Do U think it could B Lady Tremaine or something?

February 3, 2017

I honestly can’t say. Disney and I would like to wait until after we release Mistress of All Evil before we announce following book.

February 3, 2017

What I can say is that we will be going back in time in the 5th novel, and then I will be doing the first Odd Sisters book which will be taking up where we leave off in one of the story lines in Mistress of All Evil, after which I will write book 6.

4. kent norine
    February 5, 2017

Well I could give U some ideas 4 ur next novel if U want?

February 5, 2017

I already have all the books planned out. But thank you.

5. Becca
    February 6, 2017

I’m so excited! Circe looks just like how I pictured in my head: so sweet and beautiful, et so mysterious. And her sisters are absolutely stunning, as well. I’ll definitely be putting these stories under my “Books to Read” list! πŸ™‚

6. kent norine
    February 6, 2017

Well will ur 5th book b about lady tremaine or the odd sisters bcause i can help u if u r doing lady tremaine.

March 30, 2017

That is kind of you to offer, but I have the books already planned out. But thank you.

7. Danial Yazdani
    February 17, 2017

Hi Serena,
    I LOVE your work!
    Will there be more villain books besides book 5 and the odd sisters series? I absolutely love them!

February 19, 2017

Thank you! Yes, there will! Already have plans for book 6! And there will likely be more after that.

8. Brooke
    February 18, 2017

Omg!!!!😍😍😍😍 I am so happy over this !! I mentioned to you once before that I would love to see illustrations of the odd sisters !!! This is even better ! I can’t wait for maleficent’s to release !!! This series of books are hands down my all time favorite! Thank you so much for sticking to the original stories but bringing in your own twists that completely make the stories even better ! Walt Disney would be proud !! πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

February 19, 2017

Aw. Thank you so much. You’re very sweet.

• Brooke
        February 21, 2017

You’re very welcome !

9. Adam Armstrong
    February 19, 2017

If Book 5 is about Mother Gothel from “Tangled”, I have an idea for a possible title…

“Flower Gleam and Glow: A Tale of Rapunzel’s Captor”

10. Kevin Davis
    March 4, 2017

Is one of your future books about Madam Mim, from “The Sword & The Sword?
    Mim’s backstory would be an excellent idea, on finding out why her and Merlin are rivals in wizardry and magic.

March 30, 2017

So many readers have requested her. I may have to spend some time with her again and see if there is story there.

11. Griffin Giboney
    March 11, 2017

Hello Serena, I have just started on Fairest of All today and I am already in love and planning on buying the next two. I would be so amazing if you could do a book about Cruella De Vil, because let’s face it, she’s the best villain. Great Books!

March 30, 2017

Thank you so much! Happy you like the books! I love Cruella too! I already have her story written in my head. I can say she won’t be in the upcoming trilogy however if I do a story about her int he future it will be a standalone book because she wouldn’t fit in the current storyline with the Odd Sisters.

12. Patryk Kuzma
    March 12, 2017

Hello Serena!!

I wanted to say thank you for bringing the villains stories to life and providing such wonderful back stories to existing fairy tales we all grew up on. When I first read Fairest of All: A Tale of the Wicked Queen i couldn’t wait to see if there would be more. Only recently did I pick up The beast Within and completed and now starting Poor unfortunate soul. I had to see if a fourth would come and I’m glad to hear Maleficent will be getting her story told as well as the sisters getting their own side series. Congratulations on great sucess. I know you can’t say who book 5 will be about, but if I’m reading between the lines in your books I think you’ve pointed it out already to us. Let’s just say a God w blue hair (by Disney artists) will make his story come to life! Which will be fabulous if I’m right πŸ˜‰ I’ll also make a request if I can, Cruella de Vil story would be a dream come true, as she is my all time favorite villain.
    Thank you for continuing to entertain us!

March 30, 2017

I’m so pleased you like the books. I think Hades would be a great villain write about. And I would LOVE to write about Cruella, however her book would be a standalone story since she wouldn’t fit in the current storyline.

13. Sarah Johnson
    March 16, 2017

Hi Ms. Valentino,

I just wanted to write to tell you I love your book series. I’m a writer myself and I am rather picky about what books grab my attention. Yours have done that from the beginning. I only wish they were longer. I look forward to your new work.

March 30, 2017

Thank you so much! The new books are going to be longer actually! So you have your wish!

14. Euwaldo Martinelli
    March 16, 2017

Hi Serena!
    Euwaldo here from Brazil and I just finished Ursulas’s book and will start to read Beast’s today! I’m delighted. Such a fresh air through my favorite villains , new perspectives too for sure. Love that. Got me hooked but, I’ve got one question , are the Odd Sisters any related to the three fairies from sleeping beauty or the three witchies that collect lives with Hades?

March 30, 2017

Hello! I am so happy you’re enjoying the books. The Odd Sisters are not contested to the three good fairies or the witches from Hades. They have a past of their own that you will learn about in the own book that’s coming out after book #5 in the villain series.

15. Brooke
    March 17, 2017

In Maleficent’s book will the three good fairies come in ?? I’ve always felt the odd sisters were the opposite to the three good fairies! Also it would be super neat to hear what Merryweathers gift would have been to princess Aurora, if Maleficent didn’t interrupt & give her gift instead.. 😊😊

March 30, 2017

They are in the book! And probably aren’t how you’d expect them to be. And that was always destined to be Merryweather’s gift. Fate and prophesy and all that πŸ˜‰