MISTRESS OF ALL EVIL TO BE RELEASED OCTOBER 3, 2017

Posted by on Dec 21, 2016 in Journal | 25 Comments

Lovelies! I have some good news for you just in time for the holidays! We decided we didn’t want to make you wait until Spring to share the news!

Though I’m sure it’s not a surprise to many of you, especially if you’ve read the previous novel, but here we go!

My next Disney villain novel will be featuring MALEFICENT! And the books will be longer! Much longer than the previous novels!

Disney and I feel this will be the best way to really explore our main villain, and to continue to explore the other reoccurring characters, as well as revisit some of our past villains. It’s a natural progression for me and this series, to expand upon this universe, and build a world in which all these characters live, interact and share history.

The best part of this news is that we will be releasing A BOOK A YEAR for the next three years! And yes, I have decided who will be featured in all three books.

My amazing new editor is working on the schedule, and it looks like we will have Fall releases for all three novels.

MISTRESS OF ALL EVIL will be released on October 3, 2017!

The Maleficent book will be will be taking up where we left off in Poor Unfortunate Soul, right after Ursula’s death, and with the arrival of Maleficent. I am so excited to be writing about my favorite Disney villain, and having the opportunity to expand upon her story and explore her in this way with so much more room than in the previous books – while being able to bring along my other favorites like the Odd Sisters, Pflanze, Nanny, and members of the Morningstar court.

I have to thank my lovely readers for your support and enthusiasm for this series. Seriously! I wouldn’t still be writing Disney villain books (let alone have the opportunity to expand upon the series) if it weren’t for you, and how amazingly well these books have been doing. So thank you, my lovelies! Thank you so much.

Speaking of expanding upon the series. (and that’s the only clue you’re getting, besides: no, it’s not a movie or tv show) I have MORE NEWS to share with you in the coming weeks concerning the Disney Villain line. So please stay tuned.

And before I go, I wanted to make one more announcement:
Disney is releasing a Deluxe Paperback Edition of FAIREST OF ALL on August 1, 2017 that will have a teaser chapter from MISTRESS OF ALL EVIL.

Happy Christmas, my lovelies! I hope you’re as excited and happy about this news as I am!

Love,

serena
CuB0goAUMAEYN26

1. Michelle
    January 2, 2017

I just commented on an older post to find this lovely gem! Wonderful! Thanking you and Disney, wholeheartedly.

2. kent norine
    January 11, 2017

What will the tale Mistress of All Evil be about? And what role will the Odd Sisters play in this tale?

January 11, 2017

Mistress of all Evil will take up where I left off in the last novel,Poor Unfortunate Soul, as well as tell the backstory of Maleficent and how she became evil. I don’t want to say how the odd sisters will be involved because it will give too much away, but I will say they knew Maleficent since she was rather young.

• April Byrd
        April 16, 2017

I believe there is already a story explaining her backstory.
        Books are awesome by the way 😀📖 keep up the awesome writing

April 18, 2017

Yes. But that was based on the live action film. My story is based on the original animated classic film 🙂 Thanks!

3. kent norine
    January 13, 2017

But will the odd sisters make an appearance in this novel or are they still in a death like sleep from the last novel?

January 14, 2017

They will be in the novel. And yes they are still sleeping. But I really can’t say more than that.

4. kent norine
    January 15, 2017

Will Circe and Aurora appear in this novel?

5. Morgan
    January 20, 2017

Just found out about your villains series and I am hooked. Just started Poor Unfortunate Soul and I want to read it slowly so it will last 🙁 I can not wait until your new releases!! Do you think you will write about more villains after these next three books? And do you think you will ever expand and retell back stories of the protagonists in our beloved tales?

January 24, 2017

Thank you for asking that question. We are continuing the series, as you know with three more novels, the first of which is Mistress of All Evil. I do believe we will continue the series after these three – it largely depends on how well these books do, I think Disney is happy to keep publishing these stories as long as there is a demand. Also, we plan to announce a new line of books very soon that is connected to the villain line. I will keep everyone here posted. 🙂

6. kent norine
    January 21, 2017

Not to B 2 picky or anything but I was wondering if it’s possible if u or some can do an illustration of what the Odd Sisters look like please?

January 21, 2017

I think it might be a possibility sometime in the future.

7. kent norine
    January 24, 2017

Will your next novel B about Lady Tremaine or something? Or will Mistress of all Evil B ur last novel?

8. Eric
    February 2, 2017

I’m so excited! I love Maleficent, and I love your villains series! I don’t think I can wait for October.

February 3, 2017

Thank you! I’m excited too!

9. Teresa Collins
    April 19, 2017

Loving the books! Really looking forward to the next set of books! Would love to see a Captain Hook back story and understand why he hates Peter so much!

April 29, 2017

that would be awesome! I love him

10. Christian Garcia
    April 29, 2017

Ms. Valentino, your books have been such an inspiration to an aspiring writer like myself, I have been rereading your books like crazy, and I think ‘Fairest of All’ has to be my favorite to always go back to read, along with ‘The Beast Within’ and unfortunately I have not finished ‘Poor Unfortunate Soul’ just yet, but I love that you’re writing a book about my second favorite Disney villainess Maleficent, but I was wondering, if this isn’t a mere personal question on your books, but I was wondering if you were going to introduce Cruella De Vil into the new line of books your releasing… Thanks 😊

April 29, 2017

Thank you so much. I would love to write about book about her. Hopefully I will one day.

11. Nicholas Al Massri
    May 10, 2017

Completely in love with the Series! It’s quite an insight to see why our Villains became Evil… Rather than just watching the Disney Classics when you just see them Evil & not know why.

How many more books can we expect? & will they be Released in both Hard Cover & Soft Cover like the First 3 Books?

May 13, 2017

Thank you! We currently have books 4,5,6 and Odd Sisters planned. And they should all come out in hard and soft cover.

12. Chloe
    July 11, 2017

Will this book be released as paperback any time soon!? I’d like it to match the others!

July 26, 2017

I’m not sure how soon after the release of the hardcover they release the paperbacks. You might find some info on Amazon. Not sure.