Have questions about the new Novel? Ask them here!

Posted by on Dec 21, 2016 in Journal | 40 Comments

So, I bet you lovelies have some questions about the new novel now that you know it’s about Maleficent. Feel free to ask. I’ll be back online later to answer them. Currently getting ready to spend some time with my mom. Love you!Maleficentcelw_candlea

1. Adam Armstrong
    December 21, 2016

Will we learn about Maleficent’s relationship with the three good fairies? Also I know the princesses take a back seat to the villains in the novels but will Aurora make a brief appearance?

December 24, 2016

You will learn about her relationship with the Good Fairies. And Aurora will have a larger role in this book than the other princess have had in my pervious novels.

2. Cassi
    December 24, 2016

Do you think we will get to see the cover art any time before the book is released?

December 24, 2016

Oh yes! I will post the cover as soon as the Disney art team has finished creating it.

3. Colin
    December 25, 2016

Will we find out why Maleficent hated and distrusted Ursula?

4. Michael Wignjoatmodjo
    December 28, 2016

Just curious, but what makes you put the Villains in the same time period & sharing the same world together, since each of their stories take place at different time periods in their respective films.

The Evil Queen/Queen Grimhilde: The Middle Ages.

The Tremaine family: mid-19th century.

Maleficent: 14th century.

Ursula: around the 1890s.

Beast/Prince Adam: late 18th century.

• Adam Armstrong
      December 29, 2016

It’s a fantasy world. There’s more freedom to play with the centuries.

5. Chelsea
    January 4, 2017

I am so excited about your new line of books!! My question is could you please please beg Disney to let you release the book sooner than October 2017. I know its a rush but I am pregnant and I would love to have the start of the new series to read prior to delivery haha. Please im sure I would not be the only fan who would appreciate it. Congratulations on the new series!

January 11, 2017

oh my goodness! I wish I could but it’s already scheduled for October! But I’m happy you’re loving the books and hopefully you will have some quiet moments to read while the baby is napping. Congratulations on your baby! And may you both be very happy and healthy.

6. Montana
    January 5, 2017

Will the book be similar to the Maleficent movie they just made not too long as ago from Maleficent’s point of view with Angelina Jolie? Or will it be different? Or be a sort of mix? I just read Fairest of All and loved it, gotta crack down on the other two. Love them!

January 11, 2017

No. This story is based on the original animated feature just like my other books. I’m so happy you liked Fairest of All and I hope you enjoy the others as well! Thanks so much

• Montana
        January 23, 2017

Thank you for the reply! So excited about Mistress of All Evil! Finished all the books in less than a week! October can’t get here fast enough!

7. Scarlet
    January 6, 2017

Hello Serena, how are you?
    I’m Brazilian and I love your books from Disney villains! *-*
    I read it several times and I’m very excited for new ones!
    As a fan request, I would like to ask a question >////< :
    Are you planning to cast some on the past of Jafar (Aladdin) and Hades (Hercules) ?? They are my favorite villains and I really wanted to be able to read some history about them! <3

I look forward to your response! <3 love you ! Your Work is amazing *—*
    Hugs, Scarlet

January 11, 2017

I am so happy you like the books! And I love hearing from my Brazilian readers! It makes me happy my books have traveled all that way. I would like to explore Hades, but probably not in a book of his own though I do see him appearing in the books as a minor character. Have a lovely day and thank you.

8. kent norine
    January 11, 2017

What will the tale Mistress of All Evil be about? And what role will the Odd Sisters play in this tale?

January 11, 2017

Mistress of all Evil will take up where I left off in the last novel,Poor Unfortunate Soul, as well as tell the backstory of Maleficent and how she became evil. I don’t want to say how the odd sisters will be involved because it will give too much away, but I will say they knew Maleficent since she was rather young.

9. kent norine
    January 13, 2017

But will the odd sisters make an appearance in this novel or are they still in a death like sleep from the last novel?

10. kent norine
    January 13, 2017

What will the tale Mistress of All Evil be about? Will it tell how maleficent became what she was in the movie or something?

11. Michael Wignjoatmodjo
    January 16, 2017

Do you have plans for Verona to appear again? After she was banished by the Evil Queen, her fate is unknown, since she only appears in “Fairest of All”. I haven’t read “Poor Unfortunate Soul”, so I could be wrong.

January 16, 2017

We haven’t seen Verona since Fairest of All, though I wonder how old she would be in the current storyline? Quite old I imagine. She may be interesting to revisit. I shall think about it.

January 16, 2017

Come to think of it, she is mentioned in Mistress of All Evil, but she isn’t actually in any of the scenes.

12. Joshua Cantu
    January 24, 2017

I’m happy with all your books have all of them and my question is will you make a story about Lady Tremaine and her daughter’s oh P.S. just Finnish Poor unfortunate soul. Magnificent beautiful and sad, you’re very talented writer Thank you

January 24, 2017

You’re very kind, thank you. I’m so pleased you’re enjoying the books. I can’t say who will be next in the trilogy, but I will say she is a likely candidate.

• Adam Armstrong
        February 1, 2017

Is Mother Gothel also a likely candidate for Book #5? I just think from a writing perspective she could be a very interesting character to create a backstory for.

February 2, 2017

She is under consideration.

13. Jack
    January 27, 2017

Will we learn why Maleficent lost her wings?

January 31, 2017

Not all fairies have wings.

• Jack
        January 31, 2017

interesting, your books are the best. In fact I did enjoy Poor Unfortunate Souls, The Beast Within and Fairest of All.

14. Jack Mason
    January 28, 2017

Your books are the best books I have read. I am glad you are going to release a book about Maleficent in October. That is actually the perfect time of the year to release her book because indeed Maleficent is powerful enough to scare any cartoon hero and yet I know it will be interesting. The backstories of The Evil Queen, The Beast and Ursula were great too.

February 3, 2017

Thank you very much! So happy you like them! <3

15. Eric
    February 2, 2017

So I am curious as to what the full title is going to be for this one. Mistress of All Evil: A Tale of the Bad Fairy? Or something along those lines?

February 3, 2017

We shall see in good time. 🙂

• Adam Armstrong
      February 5, 2017

Since Maleficent is refered to as the Dark Fairy, it should be “Mistress of All Evil: A Tale of the Dark Fairy”.

February 5, 2017

Yes, that will be the title 🙂

• Michael Wignjoatmodjo
          February 6, 2017

I knew it!! *squeals*

• Jack Mason
            February 6, 2017

Wow I did not know the full title has been revealed.

16. Jess
    April 18, 2017

Is Scar a good idea for book 5? He is my favourite villain. I have read Fairest of All and the Beast Within. I couldn’t put them down! I can’t wait until I start Poor Unfortunate Soul!

April 18, 2017

I don’t think I’ll be doing a book about Scar. I tend to stick with the human villains. But thanks for the suggestion. I’m so happy you’re enjoying the series though and I hope you enjoy Ursula’s story.

17. Andrew Jaymes
    April 29, 2017

Any chance of a cruella devil book???

April 29, 2017

I would love to write a book about her. Hopefully one day.