DISNEY VILLAIN UPDATE

Posted by on Jul 25, 2016 in Journal | 46 Comments

Lovelies!

I know it says on the inside flap of the Ursula novel that this is the finale to the Disney Villain trilogy, but don’t worry your pretty heads, there is another trilogy in the works. I PROMISE!

13700084_10154367638657938_2808556631919007696_n

A lot of you have been writing in (on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, in comments here, and email) to ask who the next set of books will be about. There are a lot of theories. All I can say for now is that you will likely guess who the next book will be about once you read Ursula’s story and I hope to officially make the announcement in the very near future.

Others are wondering what the hold up was with the Ursula book, and why I’ve not officially started on the next novel. Yes, the Ursula novel was supposed to be released last Summer. There was a scheduling conflict and my editor felt releasing it this summer would be better. And I must say I am happy with the results. POOR UNFORTUNATE SOUL is currently the #1 New Release in its category on Amazon. That is not only good for Disney but it’s good for me,  because good sales insures Disney will want me to continue writing novels for them.

Now, here’s why I’ve not officially started on the next novel yet. (Some of you have pointed out I was already starting on Ursula when THE BEAST WITHIN was released). My longtime editor with Disney is now the publisher – and there just isn’t enough hours in the day for him to edit my books and act as publisher, though he did make a valiant effort because we enjoy working with each other so well. But it made most sense to assign  me a new editor for the next trilogy (who by the way I ADORED) but she ended up taking a fantastic job opportunity elsewhere – so, now we are currently finding a new editor at Disney to work on the villain series with me.

One more thing of note: we are discussing the possibility of two more trilogies for the near future. And I PROMISE I will let you know once we have everything sorted out. Believe me. I am so excited about the books we have planned, I won’t be able to keep it to myself once I’m allowed to share the news. It’s hard for me not to blurt it out now!

And before I go, let me just say how much I appreciate all my lovely readers. Your support, loyalty, and enthusiasm is breathtaking! I adore you! And I thank you, sincerely.

Love,

Serena

1. Tara
    July 26, 2016

I love this series! And I use them for decorations after I read them bc the cover art is so amazing. I do hope the Disney novels continue I’m so obsessed!!

August 7, 2016

They shall continue! Never fear! And I am so happy you like them!

2. Scott
    August 1, 2016

I enjoyed your books. Have you though giving the Odd Sisters their own book? That would be interesting.

August 7, 2016

I would LOVE to give the Odd Sisters their own book! Chatting with Disney about the possibility actually.

3. Rahaf
    September 9, 2016

Omg I can’t wait! But is the next trilogy going to be about villains as well? Cause these stories are just soooo good and a smart idea!

September 17, 2016

Oh yes! They will be about villains. The next book is taking up where Poor Unfortunate Soul left off.

• Jamie Lee
        December 10, 2016

Ursula is an all-time favorite. The way you wove Vanessa, her relationship with Triton – truly the best most logical and empathetic tale of her I have read. Your imagination and writing style is lovely. I am already deeply in love with, “Fairest” and just picked up Barnes and Noble’s last copy of the first of the series. I would love to see your take on Maleficent but really enjoyed once upon a times takke in Cruella I finally found empathy and a profound interest in her and I also find Lady Tremaine terribly under detailed. I feel as though we no nothing of her. I look

December 24, 2016

Thank you so much. I am very happy you’re enjoying the books!

4. Margo
    October 15, 2016

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR DOING MALEFICENT: MISTRESS OF ALL EVIL!!!! (The greatest Disney villain of all time and my favorite)

November 28, 2016

I wish I could tell you.

5. Stacie
    November 3, 2016

Hi Serena
    When’s your next book coming out?

November 28, 2016

Disney is announcing the release date and the villain this Spring.

6. Sarah
    November 4, 2016

These books are AMAZING! The cover art is so beautiful. Can’the wait to read more, I go through them to fast. Please keep them coming. I agree a book about the odd sister’s back story would be fantastic as well. I’m looking forward to one involving Cinderella! Thanks for your amazing work.

November 28, 2016

THANK YOU! I would LOVE to do an Odd Sisters book! And Cinderella’s stepfamily would be so fun to write. I’m so happy you’re enjoying the series! Thank you

• Jamie Lee
      December 10, 2016

With you Sarah. As a Lady myself I do find a sad and curious affection for the only Disney Lady (and Villain…let’s face it the bad seeds are almost always the Queens) Lady Tremaine and want so deeply to understand her sadness and what lead her to her cruelty and the vicious wah in which she raised her girls. I would adore to read Serena’s vision of the tale. I haven’t enjoyed reading this much since Maguire’s spin on our beloved and misunderstood villains!

December 24, 2016

Oh my. I am very flattered. thank you

7. Carla
    January 9, 2017

The most amazing books I have ever read I am not a big reader but saw these and I was drawn in straight away have not been able to put them down cannot wait to see what’s in store next so happy to have stumbled upon your books thank you 🙂

January 11, 2017

That’s so wonderful to hear! I’m so happy you’re enjoying the books, and even happier to hear they have inspired you to read! <3

8. kayleigh Charles
    January 13, 2017

Hi Serena

I got poor unfortunate souls as a gift for my birthday last week. So excited to read … But just wanted to check do they need to be read in order?

January 13, 2017

Yes you do need to read them in this order: Fairest of All, Beast Within, Poor Unfortunate Soul, and in October Mistress of All Evil is coming out. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY <3

9. Billie
    January 14, 2017

Please please please write one of your books in one of the other trilogies on Captain Hook! With Peter Pan & Tinkerbell written in. It’s my favorite Disney story!

January 15, 2017

Well I already have the next few books planned. Perhaps sometime in the distant future. 🙂

10. Tiffany
    January 14, 2017

I just got The Beast Within yesterday and I finished it today. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie. I didn’t know though that you had to read them in order. Now I’m going to have to get the others so I can see what happened before and after The Beast Within.

January 15, 2017

Oh! I hope you enjoy them! 🙂

11. Gaby
    January 18, 2017

I would really like to see a book on Scar in the future! He is my favorite Disney villain! I love your series. I remember reading Fairest of them All in 2012 for the first time, needless to say it changed the way in which I saw the Evil Queen!

January 24, 2017

you’re so kind. thank you. I have a lot of readers requesting Scar. He is an interesting character, but I think I will leave his story for another author. <3

12. Mari
    January 19, 2017

I just finished The last book and had to rush online to find out if there was more! SO HAPPY TO FIND THIS!!! I loved this little series and I will be counting down to the next book. Thank you for the fun time I had reading! ❤️❤️❤️

January 24, 2017

Thank you! That makes me so happy! <3

13. Be Bottrill
    January 23, 2017

Hi am very intreasted in the books you done as my sister was a big fan of disney and I’ve always had that darkside to me lol, my sister sadly passed away so I bought one of the books a whole new world and then later on I and my wife seen the beast with in, we just found out that there’s even more of these books sea witch and fairest of them all, I am chuffed to of found out about the others, so are the books I’ve mentioned the only ones you have done so far, if so great I can play catch up lol, and how can I be updated about the new books that come out, thank you for your time to read this, kind regards

January 24, 2017

Hello! I think we may have chatted on Facebook. I’m vey sorry to hear about your sister. My sister also passed away. She was my best friend. There are no words to describe a loss like that, and my heart goes out to you.

Liz Braswell wrote A Whole New World, which is also a Disney book. I’m happy you enjoyed it. I hear they are fantastic books.

I see you got my book The Beast Within, you may want to start with Fairest of All, then read The Beast Within, and then Poor Unfortunate Soul. And Mistress of All Evil will be out October 3, 2017. We have two more books scheduled to come out after Mistress, one in Fall of 2018, and the other in Fall of 2019. I can’t say which villains will be featured, but you’ll likely guess after reading the previous novels. We will likely continue the series after these three books, and we have another series we hope to announce soon that is connected to the villain line. Thanks so much for writing and have a lovely day.

14. Dylan
    January 23, 2017

oh my gawd i love your books but i read beast within first! oops! currently i am reading Unfortunate Souls because i just finished Faurest! i love the cover art and i love your writing style

January 24, 2017

Thank you! I’m so happy you like them! <3 Have a lovely day!

15. anthony
    January 30, 2017

Thank you soo much serena valentino for making these books. As for now i just started read the beast within and poor unfortunate soul. You should make more disney books like this about the story of most of the main villains. Please make one from the lion king based on scars life and also jafr from aladin

January 31, 2017

thank you! I’m so happy you’re enjoying them!

16. Cecilio Rivera
    February 13, 2017

Oh i really loved your books! I hope you’ll do Jafar at one point! He’s my favorite! I went into Barnes and Noble and saw a book on him right next to yours i was so exciting thinking you had done one on him. Maybe one day.

February 19, 2017

Hello! Thank you! I’m so happy you enjoy the books. Not sure about Jafar, but you never know. 🙂

17. Griffin Giboney
    March 3, 2017

Hello Serena, I have just started on Fairest of All today and I am already in love and planning on buying the next two. I would be so amazing if you could do a book about Cruella De Vil, because let’s face it, she’s the best villain. Great Books!

March 30, 2017

Thank you so much! Happy you like the books! I love Cruella too! I already have her story written in my head. I can say she won’t be in the upcoming trilogy however if I do a story about her int he future it will be a standalone book because she wouldn’t fit in the current storyline with the Odd Sisters.

18. Sam
    March 23, 2017

Just started reading your first book and it’s great. I love Disney villains and your take on them is awesome. Please tell me the mistress of all evil coming out in October 2017 is confirmed? Maleficant is my favourite villain of all time!!!!!

March 30, 2017

Thank you! Yes it is confirmed! I just finished the manuscript and Disney is getting ready to print it so it will be ready for October.

19. Rachel
    March 24, 2017

I was a little confused on what the name of the next of will be. (i didn’t have time to read the whole thing. I just kinda skimmed through it)

I REALLY love you books!!! Poor Unfortunate Soul was my favorite. You are truly amazing

March 30, 2017

Thank you, I am so happy you enjoyed Ursula’s story. The next book is called Mistress of All Evil: Tale of the Dark Fairy. That will be coming out this October.

20. Angelica Bouchard
    March 28, 2017

I LOVE your books and I do hope you write some more. I love the creative, dark turns of the stories yet you bring a more human and passionate side of these characters that we have all grown up loving. Thank you for writting these and I do hope that you write some more!

March 30, 2017

Thank you! I am writing more. I just finished Mistress of All Evil which will come out in October, and I’m starting book #5 now. The Odd Sisters book will come out after that, and then book #6. Check out the latest journal update for more details.

21. Iso
    April 17, 2017

I’m completely in love with your books Serena. And your covers are perfect, it makes my library more beautiful. Do you know when “Poor unfortunate soul” will be released in French ? You are amazing .

April 18, 2017

THANK YOU! I am so happy you enjoy the books. I wonder if it’s not already been released in French. I thought one of my readers there sent me a photo but I might be wrong. Come visit my Facebook page and ask that question again on my timeline. One of my French readers will let you know if it’s available and where you can get it.