Chapter One: The Sea Witch

Posted by on Jun 26, 2014 in Journal | 17 Comments

I’ve been working on the (untitled) Ursula novel and I thought I’d share a little scene I just wrote.

She felt herself growing larger, her tentacles elongating, a sensation that always made her feel like a dominant force of destruction. She’d taken down massive ships in this form, splintering them, casting their remains deep into her dark foreboding realm. She saw the looks of astonishment in the sisters’ bulging eyes as she raised up out of the water to towering heights. They looked so small standing on the wet black rocks, shivering in the cold, the mist clinging to their ringlets, making them look like frightened soggy flightless birds.

1. Courtney
    June 27, 2014

I’m already intrigued! I know you’re only starting to write it now but do you know what year we may see it come out?

July 29, 2014

2. Regan Turner
    July 1, 2014

Hey Serena. I live all the way in Canada and I was just wondering if I will be able to purchase “The Beast Within” and more books of yours in the future online, or if they will be available in stores? Also, future Villains I think you should work on in the future: Dr.Facilier, Mother Gotel, Maleficent, and Jafar…just to name a few.

July 29, 2014

3. Serena
    July 7, 2014

Courtney: It looks like it will be out 2015, but I don’t have the actual release date yet.
    Regan: If you can’t find the books in your local stores you will be able to order them online via Amazon. (The Beast Within is available for pre-order) and as for future villains, I would love to do Maleficent after ursula. I am also interested in Cinderella’s step-family, as well as Mother Gotel and Cruella.

4. John C
    July 24, 2014

Serena,

Just got the new book and love it! Please please do Cruella! She is CRAZY & I would love to see your version of crazy with her.

July 29, 2014

I would LOVE to! We have discussed the possibility! I already know how I’d like to write it!

5. Courtney
    July 26, 2014

By reading the Beast Within I knew you was doing Ursula next! And shes my favorite. Still scared by her seen when she steals Aeriels voice-Poor Unfortunate Soul

July 29, 2014

Lovely! It’s going to be a frightening tale!

6. K
    July 29, 2014

PLEASE do Cinderella’s step-family as well!!!

July 29, 2014

I plan to! They are on my list!

7. Amanda
    July 31, 2014

So excited for this book! Ursula is my favorite Disney villain. Title suggestion: Poor Unfortunate Soul

August 3, 2014

Good suggestion! It happens to have been at the top of my list for titles.

8. krista
    August 6, 2014

I am so very excited for Ursula to come out! You should write one about either mother gothel or Cinderella’s evil step mother. Those would be amazing! Keep up the good work! xoxo

9. Daniel
    August 6, 2014

I loved Fairest of All and The Beast Within! I absolutely cannot wait until your Ursula novel is released! I can’t wait to see how you’re going to twist the original story! Are you going to add Morgana into the story? Or use the original concept or Ursula being Triton’s sister?

10. Sue
    August 24, 2014

I’d like for you to do Hans from Frozen. And Cinderella’s step family. And Scar from The Lion King those are my favorite villains who I’d like to know why they became the way they are.

11. sadie smithey
    September 15, 2014

I’m getting ready to read the beast within I can’t wait! Have you ever thought about writing a book about captain hook how he turn evil? I think it would be so cool to read about him!